"Artifica Tu Casa": The online arts festival which joins eight Chilean universities
The arts festival will return this year to share eight different cultural visions of artists and teachers from all over Chile. Every Wednesday in July and August, you can join an inspiring masterclass through Facebook and YouTube.
The festival was born at UC Chile in 2020 to share artistic disciplines with people in their homes while we were all in quarantine. Thousands of people watched the series, and the success leads to a new version this year.
In this new series, the festival expands to other Chilean universities to present free masterclasses with speakers from different regions of the country.
From July 7th until August 25th, every Wednesday at 6.30 pm (ET), the series will explore different artistic disciplines with the guidance of a specialist in the field.
"This program was created thinking on the public role and the community commitment of our University. It also aims to foster free cultural moments in these difficult times for those who enjoy the Arts. This year we invited academics from universities from the north, center, and south of Chile to highlight that collaboration is the key to overcoming this pandemic", said Miryam Singer, the initiative leader. She is the Director of the Office for the Arts and Culture at UC Chile and recipient of the 2020 Musical Arts National Award.
Each talk will be broadcast live through the Facebook fan page and the YouTube Channel of the Office for the Arts and Culture. The presentations will last 30 minutes, and after that, the speakers will respond to questions from the audience.
English close caption will be available in the videos within three days after each talk at the Arts and Culture YouTube playlist.
The first two Wednesdays, we talked with:
- Professor Joel Poblete, prominent film critic; Universidad del Desarrollo.
- Dr. Patricia Henríquez, an expert in Chilean Theater and indigenous performative practices; Universidad de Concepción.
The next talkers of this series will be:
- On July 21st, 6:30 pm. (Chile GMT-4):Professor Edward Rojas, recipient of the 2016 Architecture National Award; Universidad Austral.
- On July 28th, 6:30 pm. (Chile GMT-4):Dr. Helena Horta, an expert in Pre-Hispanic Art; Universidad Católica del Norte.
- On August 4th, 6:30 pm. (Chile GMT-4):Dr. Constanza Acuña, a leading researcher of Colonial Painting; Universidad de Chile.
- On August 11th, 6:30 pm. (Chile GMT-4):Dr. Andrea Jeftanovic, outstanding writer; Universidad de Santiago.
- On August 18th, 6:30 pm. (Chile GMT-4):Professor Pablo Alvarado, respected Chamber Orchestra Director; Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaíso.
- On August 25th, 6:30 pm. (Chile GMT-4): Professor Miryam Singer, recipient of the 2020 Musical Arts National Award; Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (UC Chile).
They will explore Pre-Hispanic Arts, Music, Literature, Visual Arts, Cinema, Theater, Architecture, and Opera in the next two months.