Join the third webinar about the role of universities in tackling the ecological crisis
The Strategic Alliance of Catholic Research Universities (SACRU), composed of eight institutions, invites you to this webinars series on how universities can solve the planet's socio-environmental challenges.
The SACRU Alliance (Strategic Alliance of Catholic Research Universities) will hold the third webinar of the series "Integral Ecology and the Working Future: Re-imagining University Education."
The webinar will be held on July 1st:
- 8:30 AM (Santiago / Boston)
- 2:30 PM (Rome)
The panelists, this time, will be professors:
- Tara Pisani from Boston College, U.S.A.
- Fr. Joshtrom Kureethadam, from The Vatican Dicastery for Promoting Integral Human Development.
The new panelists will discuss the same problems from previous ones: reflect on both the universities' role and the urgent to offer systemic solutions from the academy.
- Review the first webinar: a conversation with David Orr, professor at Oberlin College, and Óscar Mateos, professor at Universidad Ramon Llull.
- Review the second webinar: a conversation with Mary Evelyn Tucker, faculty at Yale University, and Juan Carlos Muñoz, professor at UC Chile.
Professor Román Guridi, one of the organizers from the Faculty of Theology, hopes these webinars deepen the conversation about the role of universities in this changing context, especially considering the socio-environmental crisis.
As Jacqui Rémond, the host of the second webinar, said: "We hope attendees listen, connect and inspire responses sharing widely after the conversation and pass on recording to others."
These webinars will be of interest to students, faculty members, and the public who want to reflect on the role of universities in our present context.
Join the conversation! Register here
The SACRU Alliance is composed of:
- Australian Catholic University,
- Boston College (U.S.A.),
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (UC Chile)
- The Pontifical Catholic University of Rio (Brazil),
- Sophia University (Japan),
- Universidade Catòlica Portuguesa (Portugal),
- Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (Italy),
- Ramón Llull University (Spain).